Many of us have to make effort to take care of our mental health. Our mental health is very important. There are natural ways to maintain your mental health. It’s up to you to be
Many of us have to make effort to take care of our mental health. Our mental health is very important. There are natural ways to maintain your mental health. It’s up to you to be sure you are taking care of your mental health. I thought it was a good idea to create this list “10 Ways To Nourish Your Mental health” to help you work on yourself.
10 Ways To Nourish Your Mental Health
- Accept yourself. Everybody is different in their own way, we have to learn to love ourselves as we are and not to compare ourselves’ to others. If you have a hard time loving yourself know that you are not alone, there are many people that suffer from this. It would be helpful to learn a new skill or simply do something that is healthy that makes you feel good.
- Ask for help. If you are feeling very overwhelmed because nothing is going as planned in your life and at times you don’t want to be around please seek help. There are many resources out there for people when feeling depressed and overwhelmed. Here is a helpful website that offers an international list of phone numbers to get help when feeling suicidal.
- Connect with others. It’s important to have good relationships because it’s good for your well being. Positive relationships can help you build a sense of belonging and self worth.
- Exercise. Easier said than done yes but exercising has been proven to raise self esteem, also helps with moods and everybody knows exercising can also help you look good. You don’t have to spend hours in a gym, start small and simple.
- Give to others. It’s been a proven fact that acts of giving and kindness can help improve your mental well being by giving you a feeling of purpose and self worth. You are connecting with other people and creating positive feelings.
- Be in the moment. Instead of focusing on the future, the past or things you have no control over be in the moment. Enjoy the present and just think about this moment. What can you do in this moment to be happy?
- Take deep breaths. When feeling very anxious, sad, stressed, mad, or maybe just overwhelmed take deep breaths slowly and focus just on your breathing. Think about nothing in these moments but your breathing. Continue doing this until you feel calm.
- Meditate. Many people swear by meditation, some don’t believe in it for religious purposes but there are several ways to meditate. You can find a guided meditation on youtube or there are apps on phones that also have meditation. The idea is just to get to a relaxed state so you aren’t feeling overwhelmed so often.
- Take a break. Are you working constantly and never able to take a break? If so be sure to take a day off for your mental health. It isn’t selfish at all it’s important, rather than burning yourself out.
- Don’t just sit around. Do not isolate yourself from others. I mean if you are an introvert that is okay but do not just sit in your home constantly staring at your tv or laying in your bedroom. You have to make it a point to get out even if it’s just for a car ride, a walk, or maybe a bicycle ride. Sitting inside all of the time doing the same thing that’s making you feel down will only continue making you feel down so change it up!
I hope in reading this article you can see these are natural ways to maintain your mental health. Many of us do need medication at times but to also do these natural actions will help enhance your mental health as well.