As a believer I find reading scripture and trusting God helps so I thought it would be good to create a brief article on verses that help with depression. I hope you can enjoy reading this article I titled ” 20 Bible Verses That Help With Depression” . There is hope no matter how hopeless things may feel know that things can get better just give it time and do things intentionally to help your well-being.
20 Bible Verses That Help With Depression
- Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
- Psalms 40:1-3
1)I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.2)He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.3)He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD .
- Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
- Psalms 34:17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 6) Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
7 )Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Jeremiah 32:17 “Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
- Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
- John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Psalms 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalms 118: 14 The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.
- John 16:22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
- Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Psalms 86:17 Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, LORD, have helped me and comforted me.
- Psalms 119: 76 May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
- Psalms 116:1-2 (1)I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
2) Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
Here is an awesome site that offers encouragement as well as Christian counselling Seattle Christian Counseling.
If studying the word of God and everything else doesn’t seem to be helping you please be sure to reach out to a professional for your depression. We have to take extra steps in self care when we are feeling down and sad. We have to do healthy things that help us feel better when we are depressed. You are not alone even if you are feeling that way, there are so many people out there feeling the exact same way. It’s important to seek help when you can’t help yourself.